Submissions are open for the 3rd Ciutat de Vinaros International Prize of Digital Literature. There are three prizes in Digital Narrative (2500 Euros), Digital Poetry (2500 Euros) and a special “Vincent Ferrer Romero” Prize for the best work of Digital Literature written in Catalan (1000 Euros). This is currently the only annual prize competition with a substantial purse that I’m aware of in electronic literature, and all digital authors are encouraged to submit. The judging criteria specify:
- Works that explore and use the possibilities of the computer as a space for creation.
- Literary quality, seen as the renovation of poetic and narrative techniques through new means of creation.
- Quality and accessibility of the interface design.
- In the case of digital poetry, texts submitted may comprise a single piece of work or a compilation of poetry.
- The jury will also take into account works that experiment with the Internet as a medium for literary creation.
- Works entered for these prizes must be unpublished and written in one of the following languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Catalan.
The submission deadline is September 14, 2007